Registered Nurses, Emergency Services
Registered Nurses, Emergency Services
Program: Emergency Services Program
Status: Full-Time, Regular Part-Time & Temporary PT/FT; DD/NN, 12 hour Schedule
Location: Oshawa, Bowmanville, Ajax/Pickering and Port Perry
Wage Scale: $33.56 - $48.05 per hour
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and patient-focused Registered Nurses to join our team. In this position you will have the opportunity to use your extensive knowledge and expertise to help us develop, implement and maintain innovative Emergency Services practices that will meet the current and future needs of Lakeridge Health.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Registered Nurses within Emergency Services will utilize nursing processes in providing patient care and participate as a member of the Health Care Team and the Nursing Team. Emergency RNs, as individual practitioners will maintain competence and professionalism relevant to current practice in order to maintain nursing records and perform other related duties as assigned.
* Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (in good standing);
* Commitment to successfully complete CAN Emergency Nursing Certification (ENC(C), asset;
* Critical Care/ER/PALS/TNCC Certificate, preferred;
* I.V. Certified and Defibrillation Certified;
* B.Sc.N and ACLS preferred;
* Current B.C.L.S.;
* Demonstrated commitment to maintaining Reflective Practice Standards as outlined by the CON;
* Emergency/Critical Care experience: paediatric or Med/Surgical experience, preferred;
* Successful completion of coronary care courses from an approved institution, preferred;
* Proven EKG interpretation, cardiac monitoring, trauma nursing, and patient assessment skills;
* Proven organizational, prioritization, critical thinking, problem-solving and teaching skills;
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
* Sound judgement, good observation skills, tact and empathy;
* Demonstrated ability to assume a charge/supervisory role;
* Physically capable of lifting, turning, transferring patients manually and with mechanical aids;
* Must have a satisfactory performance record;
* Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
* Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-services in this area; and
* Proven good attendance record with capabilities of maintaining this same standard
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with Lakeridge Health's policies and procedures.
Lakeridge Health thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are qualified for the above position, please apply online and/or send resume directly to
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants. Lakeridge Health is one of Ontario's largest community hospital networks serving people across Durham Region and beyond. With five hospital sites and four Emergency Rooms we serve a diverse population. Our dedicated team of health care professionals give their all every day to keep improving the quality of care delivered, drive down wait times and improve results.
Lakeridge Health (LH) is driven by an ongoing commitment to continually improve the services it provides to best meet the needs of our community. LH continues to build on its strength as a caring and innovative partner in health care for Durham Region.