CORPORATE CRITICAL CARE PROGRAM (& CRITICAL CARE OUTREACH-CCOT opportunity)
FULL-TIME, TEMPORARY FULL-TIME and REGULAR PART-TIME
DAY/NIGHT;WEEKEND SCHEDULE; 12 Hour shifts (Subject to change)
LAKERIDGE HEALTH OSHAWA, BOWMANVILLE and AJAX/PICKERING
(Primary location but may be requested to work at other ICU/CCU LH sites)
SALARY $33.56 - $48.05 per hour
ONA 2000000422-425 & 2000002193
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and experienced Registered Nurses to join our team. In this position you will have the opportunity to use your extensive knowledge and expertise to help us develop, implement and maintain innovative Critical Care Department practices that will meet the current and future needs of Lakeridge Health.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Critical Care Unit (CCU) Registered Nurses (RN) will utilize the nursing process in the provision of patient care. CCU RNs participate as a member of the Multidisciplinary Care Team. As an individual practitioner CCU RNs maintain competence and professionalism relevant to current practice to maintain nursing records and perform other related duties as assigned.
* Critical Care Certificate OR currently enrolled in Critical Care Certificate Program with a commitment to be completed within 1 year;
* B.Sc.Nursing and ACLS, preferred;
* Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
* Current B.C.L.S.;
* Experience in Critical Care/Intensive Care setting OR experience in an acute care setting (e.g. Medical or Surgical Program);
* Certification in defibrillation, preferred;
* Demonstrated ventilator and haemodynamic monitoring, EKG interpretation skills;
* Demonstrated conflict management abilities;
* Proven effective organizational, critical thinking, prioritization, time-management, problem-solving and teaching skills;
* Proven effective communication and interpersonal skills;
* Proven commitment to maintain Reflective Practice Standards as outlined by the CNO;
* Demonstrated ability to perform appropriately in emergency situations;
* Physically capable to lift, turn, transfer patients manually and with assistance;
* Epidural/PCA pain management skills preferred;
* Must have a satisfactory performance record;
* Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
* Demonstrates an understanding of, and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-services in this area; and
* Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining this same standard.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and the Ontario Nurses Association (RN Bargaining Unit Local 051).
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants. Please apply at; https://www.lakeridgehealth.on.ca/en/aboutus/careers.asp