Full-time, Part-time, & Temporary positions available
Locations: Amherstburg, Belle River, Bowmanville, Brantford, Cambridge, LaSalle, Milton, Owen Sound, Stoney Creek, St. Thomas, Strathroy, Trenton, Welland
Our Mission to You:
As a certified Great Place to Work®, Seasons believes that every single team member plays an important role in the overall happiness of our residents. We foster a culture of growth and support for our committed team members and offer opportunities for personal and professional development to advance a rewarding career in the seniors housing sector.
What We Look For:
Seasons looks for individuals who are enthusiastic about making a positive difference in the life of another person. We hire individuals who are committed to building meaningful relationships and strive for service excellence so our residents can be proud to call Seasons their home. Keen attention to details, going the extra mile and putting a little “wow” into everything we do is the Seasons way!
Your Job: We’re looking for a Care Coordinator (RPN) to act as a Supervisor providing the highest standard of care services at Seasons. This role will assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, their families’ and other staff members while mentoring and providing direction and education to our Resident Guest Attendants for care and other team members’.
- Effectively utilizing the nursing process to provide high quality nursing care to residents
- Supervisory duties including ensuring excellent care services to Seasons’ residents and providing mentoring/education/guidance to care team on an ongoing basis
- Assessments of residents moving into Seasons community and following up with residents throughout the transition to community (6 month re-assessments of residents per RHRA regulations, as health care changes)
- Establish priorities based on individual resident needs
- Providing person centered service plans
- Ensuring compliance with Resident Assessments/Service Plans (PCC) while following community specific policies, procedures, and all applicable regulations
- Risk management by adhering to thorough monthly care related audits
- Medication administration (PCC knowledge an asset)
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Current Registered Practical Nurse License and is in good standing with the CNO
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be prepared to respond to emergency situations
- Experience working with seniors in a retirement or long-term care facility environment is considered an asset
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills in relation to both residents and care staff
- Point-Click-Care (PCC) knowledge is considered an asset
Why Should You Apply?
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Group Benefits Eligibility (Based on Hours Worked)
- Banked Vacation (Full-Time)
- Corporate Employee and Family Discounts on Fitness Memberships (Goodlife)
- Home and Auto Insurance Discounts (Hub)
- Referral Bonus Program with Monetary Incentive
- Skillbuilding Courses Available Through Internal Learning Management System
- Annual Reward Program for Internal Learning Management System
- Award-Winning Rewards and Recognition Program – Canadian HR Awards Finalist
- Internal Advancement and Growth Opportunities
- On-The-Job Training Opportunities
- Strong Support System From All Management Levels
- Modern Equipment and Technology (e.g. iPads for Electronic Health Records)
- Supportive Culture
- Sales and Service Culture Inspired by Disney
- Great Place to Work Certified
- Rewarding Career Opportunities
- Ability to Build Meaningful Relationships
- Ability to Make a Difference
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Note during COVID-19: At the outset of the COVID-19 situation in Canada, Seasons Retirement Communities implemented heightened precautionary protocols in all of our homes. We continue to follow the advice of provincial and federal governments, our sector regulators and local Public Health agencies. Job responsibilities are being reviewed and adjusted accordingly to ensure the well-being of the successful candidate.