Reporting to the Site Administrator, the Clinical Safety Coordinator (CSC) is responsible for implementing, monitoring and auditing work relating to strategic, corporate and site clinical safety initiatives. This includes acting as the site champion, educator and auditor for a number of clinical safety initiatives including: wound management, medication reconciliation, hand hygiene, hazard assessments, accreditation, emergency preparedness and employee engagement. The CSC will also act as the site infection Practice and Control Champion which will require them to monitor infection rates, promote and educate staff on the best infection prevention and control practices and liaise with their designated Infection Control Practitioner. The CSC will work collaboratively with the Site Administrator, management team and frontline staff to ensure successful implementation of work as outlined by Rural Health Corporate services. This position will require travel from time to time but is mainly site based.
**Please Note: Approximate Temporary End Date April 2, 2019**
- Completion of post secondary degree in Health Care.
- Three (3) - Five (5) years Clinical Health care experience including an understanding of the various components of patient/resident care.
- Knowledge of acute care, surgical, emergency and continuing care.
- Project management.
- Occupational Health and safety knowledge in a Health care environment.
- Quality and Infection Prevention and Control experience.
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Ability to implement, evaluate and provide ongoing monitoring support for site clinical safety initiatives.
- Strong project coordination, public speaking, facilitation and interpersonal skills required with ability to conduct effective presentations and keep multiple initiatives on track.
- Ability to problem solve, think critically and develop action plans to ensure successful implementation of clinical safety initiatives.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with computer programs in a Microsoft window environment, including Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet.
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight timelines.
- Conflict resolution skills, ability to handle stressful situations.
- Knowledge of Reported Learning System program (RLS).
Recent Clinical experience in a busy hospital setting, IPC, auditing and healthcare diploma or degree.