The Faculty of Health Disciplines at Athabasca University invites applications for a full-time tenure track position in the Nurse Practitioner program commencing no later than Sept 1, 2018. Athabasca University is a fully-accredited, post-secondary institution with a commitment to distance education.
The successful candidate will have an earned doctorate in nursing and be eligible for registration as a nurse practitioner in Canada. Specialization as a Primary Health Care/Family All Ages Nurse Practitioner and several years experience working as a nurse practitioner are required. The ideal candidate will have a record of teaching in online learning environments, and a demonstrated interest in research in areas related to nurse practitioner education or practice.
An academic is responsible for the delivery, maintenance, and development of programs and courses of study in his/her area within the discipline of nursing, and for the maintenance and furtherance of his/her role in research and participation in the life of Athabasca University and the community of which it is a part.
Responsibilities of this position would include:
- Developing, teaching and evaluating Nurse Practitioner courses
- Overseeing administration of clinical aspects of the program
- Monitoring students’ progress in clinical practicum activities
- Development activities related to theoretical and practicum components of the program
- Communicating about the program with potential preceptors, facility contact persons, and representatives of regional health authorities
- Liaising with national/provincial nursing associations related to the Nurse Practitioner role
- Participating in research activities related to the Nurse Practitioner role.
- University committee and administrative duties, and community service
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH http://athabascau.acquiretm.com/job_details_clean.aspx?ID=1291
For further information regarding this position, please contact Debbie Fraser, Director, Nurse Practitioner Program, Faculty of Health Disciplines by phone at 1-866-752-3889 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.