Reporting operationally to the Regional Director, Home Health and with professional accountability to the VCH Vice President Professional Practice, the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Home Health is responsible for providing leadership and direction in the delivery of nursing care and the formulation of organizational policies relevant to such care.
Focused on the provision of care for the frail elderly, the CNS will support Home Health programming and End of Life Care by applying expert knowledge, assessment and clinical pathway expertise to support best practice.
- Masters degree in Nursing
- Current registration with the College of Registered Nurses’ of British Columbia.
- A minimum of five (5) year’s recent related experience working in a health care setting with a focus in older adult care, dementia, functional decline , and chronic disease management with experience in progressive leadership roles.
- Canadian Nurses Association certification such as End-of-Life care, Palliative Care or membership in related provincial, national and/or international professional association(s) prefered.
ROLE SPECIFIC EXPERTISE:
- Effectively collaborates to build relationships that promote the achievement of cooperative goals and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Professionally consults to enable the successful sharing of expertise with caregivers, patients/clients, families/significant others, other members of the public, and colleagues.
- Proficiently provides and vigilantly evaluates education/orientation on complex advanced practices and abilities to ensure skills levels are acquired or maintained by team members to meet overall practice and care standards.
- Utilizes expert acute clinical evaluation skills to assess needs of the patient/client and their families/significant others.
- Skillfully, and in consultation with academic institutions and professional bodies, identifies/develops discipline specific standards for teaching and education.
- Collaboratively leads in the identification, planning and implementation of ongoing activities to support research initiatives.
- Effectively leads and directs staff by providing a work environment that fosters motivation and respectful relationships, and enables decision-making.
- Exhibits advanced verbal, written and technological communication and presentation skills when disseminating information/advice and/or promoting the use of research findings.
- Applies knowledge of a wide range of cross-cultural and diversity issues within a health care environment.
This Role Description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.