Registered Nurse (RN) – Abbotsford and Vancouver
Permanent Full-Time and Part-Time positions, Temporary Full-Time and Part-Time positions, and Casual
Canuck Place Children’s Hospice (CPCH) is British Columbia’s recognized pediatric palliative care provider. For over two decades, through the many programs and services we provide, we have made a significant difference in the lives of children with life-threatening illnesses and the families who love them. Be part of a talented and innovative team that takes pride in supporting and providing the highest quality pediatric palliative care.
CPCH nurses assess, plan, provide and evaluate respite and palliative nursing care to children with life-threatening illnesses; assist with teaching staff and children and families; and support research in accordance with the CRNBC Standards for Nursing Practice in B.C. and Canuck Place Children’s Hospice philosophy, mission, vision and values. As we expand our services to Abbotsford, we will be looking for permanent full-time, part-time and casual RN’s to join our incredible team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduate from a recognized nursing program at the baccalaureate level supplemented with two (2) years recent pediatric and/or palliative care nursing experience or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
- Demonstrated clinical competence.
- Knowledge of both pediatric and palliative care principles.
- Good computer skills including MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Ability, availability and willingness to work various/rotating shifts including days, nights and weekends as required.
- Demonstrated team player and ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct/train/orientate others.
- Ability to effectively identify problems and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to operate related equipment and devises.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position, which includes lifting, transferring and moving children in a safe manner.
Note: Flexibility is necessary as this position requires day, night, and weekend rotating shift work, and occasional travel within and outside the Lower Mainland.
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resume and cover letter in MS Word or Adobe PDF format to email@example.com by Friday, March 23, 2018. Please specify which role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates who have been short-listed for current positions will be contacted. All resumes will be kept for 1 year and considered for future vacancies as well.