BC Cancer is committed to reducing the incidence of cancer, reducing the mortality from cancer, and improving the quality of life of those living with cancer. BC Cancer provides a comprehensive cancer control program for the people of British Columbia in partnership with regional health authorities to deliver a range of cancer services, which include prevention, screening and early detection, diagnosis and treatment, research, education, supportive care, rehabilitation and palliative care. It operates six regional cancer centres in Surrey, Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria, Abbotsford and Prince George, along with two research centres that conduct research into the causes and cures for cancer.
BC Cancer is an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people . Be compassionate . Dare to innovate . Cultivate partnerships . Serve with purpose
Registered Nurse, Endoscopy / Brachytherapy PARR - Vancouver Centre
Reference # 64336
Wage: $33.40 to $43.84 per hour
Work Shifts: Monday to Friday
Work Hours: 0730-1530 or as operations require
600 West 10th Ave.,
Utilizing theory-based practice, the Registered Nurse, Endoscopy/Brachytherapy Post Anaesthetic Recovery Room (PARR) provides preoperative care to surgical patients, particularly those undergoing Endoscopy/Brachytherapy procedures.
Education, Training and Experience
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- Two (2) years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PARR Certification course or equivalent experience.
- Current CPR (Level C) certification
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to administer conscious sedation.
- Demonstrated relevant clinical knowledge in providing intra-operative and post-operative care.
- Demonstrated ability to apply clinical knowledge in practice.
- Demonstrated communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with patients, the public and all levels of staff both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to organize patient care and set priorities.
External applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
For more information on the agency that you are interested in, please visit: www.bccancer.bc.ca
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.