The University of Calgary opened its first overseas branch campus with generous financial support from the State of Qatar and began delivering undergraduate nursing programs in 2007. Since then, the University of Calgary in Qatar (UCQ) has been educating the future nursing leaders in Qatar by offering Bachelor of Nursing and Master of Nursing programs accredited by the Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing (CASN).
To sustain its growth in promoting and increasing the profile of professional nursing practice in Qatar, the University of Calgary in Qatar is currently seeking Masters' Prepared Nursing Instructors who can start teaching during the Fall Term (August 2018). This is an excellent opportunity for established nursing professionals and academics who are passionate about teaching and research in an international environment, preferably in the following areas:
- Mental Health
The ideal candidate must have completed a minimum of Master’s degree education, has recent clinical practice, and at least three years teaching at undergraduate level, as well as a record of research. Registration with a Canadian Nursing Authority is required.
The successful applicants must be able to relocate to Doha, Qatar ideally in August 2018. This is a 2 year contract renewable upon mutual agreement.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- Provide classroom instruction and lab/ seminar guidance to undergraduate nursing students;
- Develop and grade assignments, tests and examinations;
- Consult with the Clinical Placement Coordinator, Undergraduate Coordinator and/or Associate Dean regarding student and/or course related issues;
- Provide clinical teaching in a variety of practice settings;
- Take responsibility for personal orientation to clinical agency/practice settings;
- Participate in standing Faculty of Nursing committees and other committees as needed;
- Participate in nursing and/or nursing education related community service; and,
- Support the creation of a scholarly environment through professional development, professional practice, and/or participation in research
Qualifications / Requirements:
- A baccalaureate nursing degree together with a graduate degree in a relevant discipline
- Classroom and/or clinical teaching experience at the undergraduate level, along with evidence of personal scholarship
- Nursing registration with a Canadian registration authority
- Appointment to Instructor or Senior Instructor rank will commensurate with experience and qualifications.
All successful candidates can look forward to an attractive expatriate compensation package.
All employment applications must be submitted online through our career page. This competition closes on March 24, 2018. Please note:
- Applications submitted through the general inquiries e-mail address will likely not be considered; and,
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Successful candidates will be required to provide copies of their passports (valid 6 months prior to travel), police clearance, academic/professional credentials, and marriage and birth certificates (for those travelling with a family). Appointment is contingent on the successful completion of the State of Qatar visa process.
Please visit our website to know more about the University of Calgary in Qatar: http://www.qatar.ucalgary.ca
The University of Calgary respects, appreciates, and honours diversity.