||Registered Nurse (Acute/Emergency/Residential)
||R.W. Large Memorial Hospital - Bella Bella, BC
||Regular Part Time - Baseline (0.73 FTE)
||As Soon As Possible
||$32.94 - $43.24 per hour
INFORMATION ABOUT THE COMMUNITY AND HOSPITAL:
Bella Bella is a beautiful island community on the central coast of British Columbia, 690km north of Vancouver, with a population of about 1500 people. It is surrounded by a magical world of channels, inlets and old growth forest and is home to salmon, orcas and other denizens of the Pacific Northwest. The RW Large Memorial Hospital in Bella Bella has 9 acute beds, 6 residential beds and a 3-bed emergency department open 24/7, along with a laboratory, diagnostic imaging services and telehealth services. Also within the hospital is a medical clinic and pharmacy.
Practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) as well as within a patient/client/resident and family centered care model and the vision and values of the organization. Provides nursing care to patients/clients on the inpatient ward; provides nursing care to predominantly older residents in a continuing care setting; provides emergency nursing care to patients/clients of all ages presenting to the emergency department with a wide variety of symptoms. Works independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team. Enhances quality of life from the perspective of the client/resident/patient and/or family. Consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers. Demonstrates continuous improvement and best practices approach in nursing practice. Demonstrates expertise and leadership in nursing practice. Maintains and advances own clinical competence. Participates on designated committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- Completion of a recognized advanced nursing program in emergency or critical care nursing.
- One year recent, related experience in emergency or critical care nursing, or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of CRNBC’s standards for nursing practice.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement care plans.
- Demonstrated ability to assess patient/client/resident responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability in the management of trauma in an emergency setting.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice to assess and manage critical and life-threatening situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership through initiative and independence.
- Demonstrated ability to model and mentor new staff and students.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.