The Director of Acute Care Services reports to the Executive Lead of Integrated Health Services in regards to nursing, admitting and pharmacy at the Meadow Lake Hospital (32 beds and 133 staff). There are eight positions reporting directly to the Director of Acute Care Services:
Key areas of accountability include the following:
- Ensure the provision of a high quality continuum of care for clients through the ongoing assessment and evaluation of changing needs and through the flexible and appropriate utilization of resources.
- Supervision and administration of acute care services in a patient centered environment providing human resource management (73 staff members), budget preparation, financial monitoring and reporting (Operational budget of $5.7M), and oversight on projects.
- Demonstrate leadership and accountability for safe quality care and services and for a safe and supportive workplace.
- Promote a team approach to health care and to work collaboratively with the other regional managers, senior managers and the Chief Executive Officer.
- Maintain open communication and build solid relationships with other health care professionals, agencies and residents.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing.
- Nursing Administration or Health Care Administration Certificate would be an asset.
- Current active practicing registration with the appropriate professional or licensing body.
- Registered, or eligible for registration, with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses’ Association.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a nurse within an acute care environment.
- Experience in nursing administration would be an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and to the principles of quality improvement.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Out-of-Scope Management Compensation Plan. A generous incentive package is also available for this position.
This competition will be open until a suitable candidate is found. Candidates may forward their resumes in confidence, complete with references, to:
Saskatchewan Health Authority, SHNB – Administration Wing
P. O. Box 39, North Battleford, SK S9A 2X8
Fax: (306) 446-6810
For further information regarding employment opportunities within Saskatchewan Health Authority, please refer to the website at www.saskhealthauthority.ca
Saskatchewan Health Authority appreciates all Candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.