||Registered Nurse - Pediatric Short Stay Unit
||Regular Part Time (0.71 FTE)
||As soon as possible
||$32.94 - $43.24 per hour
||0715-1930 / 1915-0730
Practices in accordance with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) standards (professional & practice) and code of ethics. Practices within the scope of practice as set by the organization, as per VCH policies and guidelines/clinical practice documents and within own competence. This practice is aligned with the vision, mission, goals and values of the organization as well as with the concept of a client and family centered care model.
Focuses on the care of pediatric patients and recognizing that children have unique healthcare needs that require specialized knowledge and expertise, assesses, plans, implements and evaluates patient/ client care. Participates in discharge planning, functions as a client advocate and teaches clients/families about illness/injury and overall health promotion and wellness. Enhances quality of life from the perspective of the client/family. Documents care provided and responds to incidents in accordance with established policies and procedures. Consults, confers and collaborates with other health care providers. Maintains and advances own clinical competence. Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses’ of British Columbia (CRNBC.
- Completion of a post-basic pediatrics program certificate.
- Two years recent related experience in a pediatrics unit supplemented by courses in breastfeeding or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement care plans.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing).
- Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively including the ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership through initiative and independence.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.