||Patient Care Coordinator (RN) Acute & Ambulatory Care Units
||Regular Full Time
||As soon as possible
||$39.16 - $48.00 per hour
||0700 - 1900/1900 - 0700
Coordinates patient care activities in a defined area of clinical expertise and provides leadership, supervision and guidance to designated staff. Facilitates efficient patient flow and patient access within and between units/programs/clinics. Ensures a high standard of patient care by acting as a clinical resource for staff, supporting staff training and development and providing leadership and support to the interdisciplinary team. Assists the Manager with performing administrative duties and coordinates staffing, scheduling and clinical research activities, ensuring optimal use of patient care resources. Promotes education and research. Consults and collaborates with interdisciplinary team members, the leadership team and other health care professionals/providers to achieve excellence in patient and family centered care and enhancement in the quality of life.
Education & Experience:
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Completion of post basic Obstetrics and Critical Care/Emergency specialty nursing certificate/program.
- Three (3) years' recent, related experience in Obstetrics and Critical Care/Emergency clinical area including one (1) year's related administrative /supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of evidence informed nursing practice related to designated clinical area.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, supervision, work direction and consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, problem-solve, adjust to unexpected events and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change and support staff through transition.
- Knowledge of basic research, e.g. research ethics, research question, hypothesis and qualitative and quantitative data analyses methods.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver educational materials for staff/patients/clients and families based on educations theories, principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a supportive and creative learning environment.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system as well as applicable word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.