Primary Care/Community Health Agency Service Stream or Episodic Care/No Appointment Service Stream
Various permanent part-time and full-time positions, Days/Evenings/Weekends
Centre de santé Saint-Boniface is seeking team players for the positions of Nurse Practitioner to offer primary health care services in both official languages to the population of Winnipeg. A career at Centre de santé Saint-Boniface provides excellent professional development opportunities in a welcoming francophone environment that promotes self-reliance, creativity and innovation.
Under the general supervision of the Programs and Operations Manager and as a member of a team, the Nurse Practitioner is responsible for:
- Providing primary health care and potentially conducting detailed and in-depth health assessments taking into account risk factors (environmental, social, psychological and medical) in a manner that is understandable to the client.
- Ordering appropriate screening and diagnostic tests and interpreting test results.
- Determining and prescribing treatments based on evidence-informed practice.
- Documenting clinical care accurately and appropriately.
- Applying pharmacology principles when selecting and prescribing drugs.
- Coordinating and facilitating care by liaising with other health care providers, organizations and community resources.
- Providing counselling and education services to clients and their families.
- Participating in the professional development of nurses and other health professionals and supervising the activities of nursing student interns.
- Master of Nursing Degree, Nurse Practitioner Program Degree or equivalent educational qualifications as approved by the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (Category of practice: NP family / all ages).
- Have an excellent knowledge of French and English, both oral and written.
- Advanced nursing care knowledge related to health assessment, diagnostic, pharmacotherapeutics, invasive and minor surgical procedures.
- Experience working across sectors and linking between programs/organizations considered an asset.
- Knowledge of health promotion, and community development and program evaluation concepts, depending on the position, depending on the position.
- Ability to work in a computerized environment.
- Cardiopulmonary training for family and friends.
- This position is subject to a Criminal Record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), an Adult Abuse Registry check and a Child Abuse Registry check.
- Willing to work flexible hours, depending on the position.
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to:
Centre de santé Saint-Boniface
170 Goulet Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba R2H 0R7
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.