Director - Mental Wellness & Substance Use
Government of Yukon -> Health & Social Services – Alcohol & Drug Services Activity Management
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Salary: $112,366 - $154,233 per annum
Closing date: October 27, 2017
We are looking for a Senior Manager who can provide strong leadership to a new branch focused on mental health and addiction.
Reporting to the Assistant Deputy Minister, Social Services, the Director will be responsible for the planning, development and execution of an operational plan that focuses on excellence in care and service delivery, while achieving standards that align with the Yukon Mental Wellness Strategy. The position provides the leadership required to ensure an integrated, person and family centered approach to a wide range of services for the Yukon people, including service and support in rural and remote communities outside of Whitehorse.
The Director, Mental Wellness and Substance Use must be able to develop and nurture partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders and multi-disciplinary teams. This position works collaboratively with the Senior Leadership Team of the Department of Health, the Yukon Hospital Corporation and Yukon First Nations to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of mental health and addiction services. The Director is responsible for developing and maintaining working relationships with senior staff in federal, provincial and municipal governments, NGOs, agencies and professional associations to facilitate and champion an environment of inclusion, participation and collaboration.
Relocation for this position will be supported in accordance with the Interview and Relocation Expense Directive.
- A degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration, Humanities or a related discipline.
- Proven, recent senior management/leadership experience, including direct supervision, within a large health care setting.
- Candidates with education, training and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above will be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
- Proven ability to:
- foster collaboration and effective working relationships with First Nations partners and stakeholders to promote cooperative goals while building an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- think strategically while applying sound change management methodologies and principles in support of organizational goals and objectives.
- promote a shared vision that aligns individual and team performance goals with the department’s strategic direction.
- create and maintain an environment that drives employee engagement while supporting visionary thinking, problem-solving and ongoing learning and professional development.
- build and sustain working relationships to promote an innovative and collaborative approach to person and family centred service delivery models.
- Strong conflict management skills with experience in negotiation and dispute resolution.
- Ability to manage changes in service delivery while developing transition strategies that improve efficiency and quality of patient care.
- Ability to manage the financial resources of assigned programs/services in a manner that is fiscally responsible and consistent with the overall goals of the department.
Conditions of Employment: Vulnerable Sector RCMP Security Clearance; Valid Class 5 Driver's Licence.
We are the Yukon public service. Every day, we come together to serve the people who live here, and to make a difference in so many ways—from simple to extraordinary and everything in between. Here, you will find the diverse opportunities you desire to develop your career while enjoying a warm sense of community and vibrant artistic, cultural and recreational amenities, all set in a spectacular natural environment.
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Director - Mental Wellness & Substance Use, and for full details on the requirements of the role, please visit: http://employment.gov.yk.ca.
"Committed to Employment Equity"