Thompson Rivers University (TRU) provides many paths to learning, a hands-on-approach and a supportive, inclusive environment to over 25,000 regional, national, and international learners and their communities. Research, creation and innovation are integrated into teaching and learning in over 140 on-campus programs and 60 Open Learning programs. TRU's spectacular main campus is at the heart of Kamloops, a city of 90,000 in BC's sunny interior. Enjoy four seasons of outdoor adventures, a vibrant and rich cultural scene with diverse social and economic opportunities.
TRU's School of Nursing (SON) has just launched its Master of Nursing with its inaugural class, 2017. The SON also offers a BScN in nursing on our Kamloops campus, with our Williams Lake campus offering students the first 2 years of the BScN program then transitioning for their final two years at the Kamloops campus. In addition, the SON offers program for Practical Nursing and Health Care Assistant programs as well as Open Learning programs.
The School of Nursing seeks applications for a dynamic full-time tenure track tripartite position at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor rank. The successful applicants will teach undergraduate and graduate-level courses, both theory and practice. The successful candidate will have a developed program of research and engage in service to the University/Community. Anticipated start date is by January 2018 (some flexibility).
- PhD or other doctorate required, consideration may be given to doctoral candidates who will complete their degree by the appointment date
- Holds a minimum of one (1) degree in nursing
- Three (3) years' full time or equivalent hours of nursing experience
- Evidence of continuous learning in the field of expertise
- Evidence of a program of scholarship/research
- Evidence of dissemination of research through peer review publications and conferences
- Evidence of successful funding for research
- Excellent communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
- An understanding of, and experience in, the Canadian healthcare system
- Current CRNBC registration in good standing without limits or conditions, or eligibility for registration with CRNBC; must provide registration number and proof of practice experience when applying
- Proof of academic credentials required prior to appointment – transcripts must accompany the candidate if selected for an interview
- If selected for an interview, candidates must provide proof of candidacy completion
Preference given to candidates who possess:
- Recent or current Medical/Surgical Nursing
- Recent or current Mental Health Nursing
- Recent or current Maternity Nursing
- Recent or current Rural/Remote Health Nursing