The School of Health Studies at the University of the Fraser Valley invites applications from qualified individuals for one (1) full-time 100% permanent faculty position in the Practical Nursing (PN) program. This position involves assigned teaching responsibilities in year one of the program along with a smaller teaching focus in year two. Year one of the program focuses on the care of the elderly while year two of the program focuses on acute care nursing. Practical Nursing faculty teach in classroom, laboratory and clinical settings. Classroom and laboratory teaching occurs on the Chilliwack campus of UFV. Hospitals, institutions and health care agencies in Langley, Chilliwack, Abbotsford and Mission provide the primary sites for student clinical experiences.
Given UFV’s mandate as a teaching intensive university, the practical nursing faculty are committed to scholarly and research activities that contribute to an innovative and positive teaching and learning environment. Simulation learning, inter-disciplinary initiatives, aboriginal health are ongoing priorities for curriculum integration and development. Participation on departmental and institutional committees is an expectation.
The successful applicant will meet the following criteria:
• Practicing licensure (or eligibility for licensure) with CRNBC.
• Baccalaureate degree in Nursing. Master’s degree in Nursing or related field is preferred.
• Strong, current clinical practice foundation in gerontology.
• Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
• Previous successful experience with classroom and clinical teaching in a nursing program preferred.
• Evidence of ongoing professional development; preference given to candidates having completed the Provincial Instructors Diploma or equivalent.
• Experience in curriculum development and community service are assets.
• Nursing scholarship.