St. Joseph's Hospital
St. Joseph's Hospital is a unique ambulatory hospital specializing in minimally invasive same day and short stay inpatient surgery. 21,000 surgeries are performed a year at St. Joseph's, with most patients going home the same day as their procedure. Our surgical programs and areas of service include: The Ivey Eye Institute (cataract, retina and corneal transplant surgery), St. Joseph's Breast Care Program (breast and reconstructive plastic surgery), The Roth McFarlane Hand and Upper Limb Centre (arthroscopic and arthroplasty surgery), St. Joseph's Urology Centre (laser and minimally invasive robotic surgery), Otolaryngology (ear, nose, throat, head, face and neck surgery), gynecological surgery, dental and general surgery.
The operating room is comprised of 10 operating rooms and lithotripsy suite. Current schedules include primarily 8 hour days and evening shifts with on-call coverage expectations for nights and weekends on a rotational basis. Schedules are subject to change.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
- Current Registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses
- Valid CPR certificate
- Minimum 2 years recent experience in the Operating Room AND/OR successful completion of the O.R. course within the last 2 years
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Excellent decision-making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated effective collaborative, interpersonal and communication skills as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Self-directed individual with leadership abilities