Division: Long Term Care
Site: BayWoods Place
Employment Type: Full Time
Expiraton Date: 06/10/2017
Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector committed to helping older adults live life to the fullest. Through its portfolio of partnerships, Revera owns or operates more than 500 properties across Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom, offering seniors' apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care.
At Revera, long term care is all about helping our residents live life to the fullest extent possible by supporting their health and well-being. We care passionately about providing excellent care and service to all those we serve. We nurture friendships, offer security and peace of mind, and create vibrant, rewarding communities. We believe we work in our residents' homes, and strive every day to help them feel comfortable through our person-centred approach. Long term care is a special place to work and for many of us - a calling.
As the Executive Director you will have an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our residents and their families by taking on responsibility for the overall management and operations of the home. You will leverage your leadership skills to engage employees and achieve optimum standards of care, service and value for our residents while consistently working within budgetary goals and regulatory requirements.
In this role you will be focused on:
- Attracting and engaging managers and employees who model Revera's values and provide exceptional care
- Achieving a high level of employee, resident and family satisfaction
- Ensuring resident safety and care that meets or exceeds regulatory requirements
- Ensuring the success of Quality Improvement Programs and initiatives
- Managing financial resources and meeting/exceeding targets
What You Will Do:
Collaborate - Work with multidisciplinary teams at the community, regional and support team to support the health and well-being of all residents
Manage - Oversee all operations and expenditures related to funding streams, balancing funding envelopes and ensuring all accountabilities are met with respect to jurisdictional authorities and Revera policies/procedures
Comply - Ensure all practices are in compliance with relevant Provincial and Federal Acts and Regulations, including Collective Agreements
Lend a Helping Hand- Take a hands-on approach to supporting managers, employees, residents, and families through their day-to-day priorities
Cultivate - Hire, train and engage a team of managers and employees respect the Resident Bill of Rights and deliver quality care in compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
Respond with HEART- Hear, Empathize, Acknowledge, Respond and Thank
What You Bring:
- A university degree in Health, Gerontology, Business, Marketing or Social Services and your LTC Administrator Certification
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant health management experience including budgeting, operating statement analysis, labour relations and a thorough awareness of applicable legislation governing LTC operations
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage and manage a sizeable multidisciplinary team, in a unionized environment
- Solid understanding of business planning processes and business metrics
- Experience in risk management activities and demonstrated knowledge of continuous quality improvement processes
- Passion to promote a person-centered care philosophy and work with seniors
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Search (within 6 months)
What We Offer:
- Support from your Regional and National Team
- Varied career experiences and opportunities
- Benefits and Pension Package
- Work life balance
- Vision to support a person-centered care philosophy
What are you waiting for?
Join us in celebrating the ageless spirit of people through service and innovation.