Healthy Albertans. Healthy Communities. Together.
Discover adventure, natural beauty, and warm friendly neighbors in Northern Alberta. The hamlet of La Crete is located approximately 700 km North of Edmonton and a short distance from the Mighty Peace River. La Crete offers all the amenities of a modern town to its population of 3,500 residents with the surrounding area totaling approximately 8,000 people. Embrace small-town living in a safe, friendly, and welcoming community.
Residents enjoy a range of recreational activities, including camping, golfing, or playing hockey. Make the most of the sunlight that lasts past midnight in the summer and watch the northern lights dance in the winter. If you welcome a different pace of life and look for the chance to use the full scope of your clinical practice, La Crete could be the place for you.
As the Seniors, Medical Clinic and Advanced Ambulatory Care Center Manager, you will hold a key leadership role in the North Zone Operations and will report to the Director. You will be responsible and accountable for providing the direction, leadership and organization of seniors, medical clinic and advanced ambulatory care services. You will plan, deliver and evaluate health services within the health center and community, in support of the vision, mission and business plan of Alberta Health Services. You will make key decisions regarding the integration of various resources to ensure effective delivery of health services within the facility and community. You will be accountable for providing leadership in establishing and contributing to the achievement of the goals of Community & Rural Hospitals within the North Zone.
You will also participate in the budget process and monitor the financial position of the facility and community through variance report analysis and will provide support and counsel to the Director, Area 1- North Zone and management team on all aspects of related services within designated geographic area.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Northern Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $6,300. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
Permanent and temporary employees working in excess of one year whose work sites are above the 57th parallel are also eligible to receive an annual reimbursement of personal travel expenses to an annual maximum of $1,235. Eligible employees will be reimbursed for the cost of one round trip, per calendar year, to any destination within Alberta. Travel must originate from a community above the 57th parallel to any destination within Alberta and cannot be carried over.
- Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Graduate of an approved nursing education program.
- A minimum of 2 years in a management role ideally in an organization of significant size, complexity and diversity.
- Rural nursing/healthcare experience.
- Progressive leadership experience in a health care environment, including experience in a management role in health service operations.
- Effective communicator with strong organizational skills, influential skills, client focused orientation and commitment to providing quality services.
- Leadership skills, including demonstrated ability and comfort with decision making responsibilities, coaching and teaching, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others.
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and create innovative solutions for complex and diverse issues
- Ability to manage human, financial and physical resources within an operating environment.
- Proven ability to foster partnerships and to achieve organizational goals within an organization and ideally managing within a unionized sector.
- Effective leadership abilities combined with a strong commitment to operating within a team environment and the ability to motivate and inspire other to achieve common goals.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage short and long term plans and projects and deliver customer focused results.
About Alberta Health Services:
Alberta Health Services (AHS), the largest health care provider in the country, is an organization focused on providing safe, high-quality, patient- and family-centred care. We achieve this with our workforce of more than 108,000 employees, 7,700 medical staff and 15,600 volunteers who are dedicated to serving a population of 4.1 million Albertans.
AHS CARES represents our five core values in action. These values, compassion, accountability, respect, excellence, and safety, are at the heart of everything we do. They inspire, empower, and guide how we work together with patients, clients, families, and each other. At AHS, we are living our values. Together.