Manager, Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Joseph Brant Hospital is currently seeking a dynamic Clinical Manager for our newly built, state of the art, Intensive Care Unit. Reporting to the Director, of Critical Care, Maternal Child and Professional Practice, this is a unique career opportunity for a leader to show case their strengths and talents in a leadership role developing growth and care strategies and continuously improving processes while working collaboratively with the interprofessional team ensuring timely, high quality, safe service delivery within a high-paced environment.
The Manager will provide strategic growth through effective planning and operational responsibility for the 15 bed, level 3 ICU, the Respiratory Therapy Department and the Critical Care Response Team. This position will support excellence in clinical care and patient experience through exceptional decision-making, mediation, and problem solving skills. The ideal candidate will have experience coordinating and optimizing human, physical and financial resources in a unionized environment.
Your outstanding critical thinking and communication capabilities will enable you to provide leadership and clinical support to these services. You must demonstrate a commitment to patient and family-focused care, evidence-based practice, quality of care and quality of staff work life consistent with the mission, vision, and values of Joseph Brant Hospital.
- Regulated Health Care Provider in good standing
- Baccalaureate level preparation required in a health-related field; Master’s Degree in Health Administration or related field in progress or completed (preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience, preferably in a Critical Care setting.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience of progressive leadership.
- LEAN experience an asset.
- Demonstrated evidence-based decision making, critical thinking and problem solving;
- Demonstrated leadership, team development, and facilitation skills coupled with excellent interpersonal, relationship and communication skills;
- Demonstrates JBH values and the ability to promote values of shared leadership and inter-professional team collaboration;
- Ability to research leading practice and implement quality based programming and seek to exceed industry benchmarks and performance metrics;
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis in accordance with JBH’s Attendance at Work Policy.
Employees are expected to demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other; attend work regularly because regular attendance is critical to maintaining this level of excellence.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to visit the JBH career website to apply to Job Posting #0000001606.
Joseph Brant Hospital is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-632-3737 ext. 4129.
Please note this position will remain posted until filled, applications are welcome until the posting is removed.