Division: Long Term Care
Site: Kildonan PCC
Employment Type: Full Time
Expiraton Date: 24/08/2017
Under the direction of the Director of Care/the Director of Health and Wellness, the Resident Care Manager is responsible for the planning, direction and evaluation of quality resident care in accordance with the Mission, Values and Pledge, various standards of practice, regulations and guidelines. The Resident Care Manager ensures optimum delivery of care through effective human resource management, utilization of the nursing process and functioning as an integral member of the management team.
- Ensures resident satisfaction and continuous quality improvement initatives are promoted;
- Assists nursing staff ensuring that initial / ongoing assessments and care plans are developed, implemented and reviewed;
- Assists with the recruiting / hiring and termination of nursing staff in consultationw ith the Director of Care;
- Assigns, supervises, and disciplines nursing staff;
- Schedules and replaces staff for all departments in absence of designated department head;
- Responsible for the management of care issues related to residents / family / advocates;
- Promotes and ensures interdiscplinary approach to resident care;
- Acts as a role model for nursing staff by demonstrating clinical expertise and comprehensive knowledge in the delivery of resident care;
- Provides ongoing staff development and education to improve or enhance the level of care / service provided to the residents;
- Knowledge / experience with MDS / Care Management systems;
- Responsible for overall supervision for entire building in absence of senior management;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in geriatrics, rehabilitation, or long term care at the supervisory and / or management level;
- Registered nurse with a current unrestricted license or eligible for registration with CRNM, CRPNM, BN preferred;
- Experience in managing in a multi-unionized environment;
- Experience with continuous quality improvement / risk management processes and person-centred care philosophy;
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has knowledge related to current and applicable Manitoba health legislation and standards, PPCO, workplace safety and health, knowledge / experience with MDS / Care Management systems;
- Demonstrated leadership ability with comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques as they relate to long term care.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).