Registered Nurse – Medical Daycare (JO: 14560)
Fulltime Indeterminate Position
Northwest Territories Health and Social Services – Stanton Territorial Hospital
This position is located in the City of Yellowknife, situated on the Northern shore of Great Slave Lake; Yellowknife is the capital of the Northwest Territories, Canada. The population of Yellowknife is 20,000. This multi-cultural community is welcoming and the wilderness is your backyard. All the big city amenities are available without the big city issues. There are year round outdoor activities including hiking, fishing, snowmobiling, golf, boating and canoeing, and a wide variety of individual and team sports. For more information on the spectacular Northwest Territories please visit www.spectacularnwt.com. The City of Yellowknife and businesses maintain fantastic recreational facilities for residents, including a 240 metre indoor track, a pool, three skating rinks, an indoor soccer field and an abundance of walking trails. The city is also home to a vibrant arts and theatre community. After moving here, Yellowknife quickly becomes a place you call home. For more information about the community please visit www.yellowknife.ca.
The Stanton Territorial Hospital (STH) is offering challenging nursing work and work life balance. STH is a 100 in-patient bed accredited facility in Yellowknife, and is a referral center for approximately 37,000 regional residents of the Western Arctic and Kitikmeot Region. For more information please visit www.stha.ca.
Located within Stanton Territorial Hospital and reporting directly to the Clinical Coordinator, Medical Daycare (CC) the Registered Nurse is responsible to provide nursing care to patients in the Medical Daycare Unit in accordance with established standards of nursing practice and the philosophy and objectives of the STH to ensure that the patients' physical, emotional psycho-social, spiritual and educational needs are met.
- This level of knowledge is commonly acquired through the successful completion of a Nursing Degree. One year of experience in endoscopy and endoscopic therapeutic procedures and a minimum of one year in Chemotherapy assessment and administration. With a minimum of 6 months experience in cardiac stress testing, holter monitor analysis or cardiac monitoring.
- 2 years’ experience in either endoscopy and endoscopic therapeutic procedures or chemotherapy assessment and administration. As well as a minimum of 6 months experience in cardiac stress testing, holter monitor analysis, or cardiac monitoring.
The salary range for this position is from $44.75 per hour to $53.44 per hour (approximately $87,263 - $104,208.) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $3,450. A comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Participation in the Federal Public Service Superannuation Plan
- Mandatory Leave With Pay – a 5 day period you are required take 5 days off with pay (anytime within fiscal year)
- 16.5 days of annual vacation leave to start
- Pay Increases, Performance Incentives, Health, Dental, Relocation expenses, Northern Living Allowance, Winter Bonus days, Special and Sick leave
Closing Date: August 28, 2017 Apply online: gnwtjobs.ca