Provincial Chief Nursing Officer
Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Do you have a track record of successfully transforming the way business is done? Can you set a new path and influence others to follow?
If so, we are looking for a forward-thinking leader who can transform and execute the role of the Provincial Chief Nursing Officer by bringing a strategic approach to the position.
Your role will provide leadership and strategic clinical expertise within the Ontario Public Service, as the technical and clinical advisor on a broad range of issues regarding nursing such as best practices, models of care, patient safety and the nursing workforce within the overall framework of health policy in Ontario.
What we expect from you
As a health system leader, the Provincial Chief Nursing Officer will:
- Develop and implement a strategic approach to executing the role of the Provincial Chief Nursing Officer (PCNO) to ensure it is a credible clinical and technical advisor and expert on a broad range of issues regarding nursing.
- Provide technical and clinical expertise across government to ensure a nursing lens is brought to public policy development, program design, health workforce planning, and health workforce regulatory matters.
- Influence discussions on provincial and pan-Canadian issues and ensure linkages to health professionals and broader nursing partners within the health care system and other sectors.
- Strategize and direct research initiatives that monitor, analyse and assess a broad range of clinical and technical issues, and nursing trends impacting the nursing profession.
- Determine performance standards and manage a broad range of employee relations matters.
- Provide strategic advice and expertise to the Assistant Deputy Minister (ADM), Deputy Minister and Minister on nursing issues and other matters.
- As a member of the division's senior leadership team, participate in the development of divisional business plans, strategic agenda, priorities and the implementation and evaluation of the division's vision, goals and business performance.
- Promote and foster a positive, healthy and productive team environment.
You are a nurse whose registration is in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Who we are looking for:
A Driver of Change
- You have demonstrated the ability to provide senior executive leadership in a complex organization with a diverse stakeholder group.
- You have exceptional strategic leadership skills to promote excellence, deliver results and manage risks in a challenging environment.
- You promote an environment that encourages employees to utilize creative solutions to apply new ideas and new ways of thinking.
- You have proven ability to deliver on transformational change and you are comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- You are innovative and can leverage the talent around you to inspire new ideas and ways of doing things.
- You have experience defining, communicating and enabling a vision with the ability to translate long-term vision into organizational reality.
A Builder of Relationships
- You can build networks and forge collaborative relationships with key internal and external partners to influence health policy.
- You have demonstrated political acumen and sound judgement in managing relationships with high profile stakeholders.
- You can lead and contribute to committees, and provide executive advice, briefings and recommendations to the Assistant Deputy Minister, Deputy Minister and Minister.
A Sector Leader
- You can synthesize knowledge, insights and technical expertise into strategic advice which informs health policy, planning and program design.
- You understand and advise on the implications and impacts of nursing practice on the overall health system and integrate inter-professional trends into nursing strategic advice.
- You can apply clinical and technical expertise and understanding of the diverse issues and trends in nursing practice and other related professions.
A Strong Communicator
- You have superior communication skills, including experience working with large and influential groups.
- You can provide strategic advice on the impact of system transformation on nursing and patient care in Ontario.
- You are comfortable representing the government in public.
- You are skilled at influencing others where you have no direct authority.
Location: 56 Wellesley St W, Toronto, Ontario
Salary range: $119,440 - $162,490 per year
Please apply online, only, by Sunday, September 17, 2017, by visiting http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=110143. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Executive Talent Search Unit at email@example.com. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.