Professional Practice Educator
JBH is currently recruiting for a full time Professional Practice Educator to join our leading practice Critical Care Team. Reporting to the Director of Critical Care, Maternal Child and Professional Practice, the individual in this role works in partnership and in collaboration with the Critical Care Leadership and Physician team as well as the Professional Practice Educator team. This position provides support for practice and quality initiatives across the nursing and professional practice team in Intensive Care Unit and the Critical Care Response Team (CCRT) by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating programs to enhance clinical proficiency, quality improvement and team development. The Professional Practice Educator also facilitates and supports continuous learning, professional development, and service excellence through education coaching and mentoring staff and clients in addition to facilitating appropriate co-ordination of resources to meet identified clinical needs.
Working in an interprofessional, patient centred environment, the ideal candidate will have effective interpersonal and communication skills combined with the ability to work collaboratively within and across professions; a strong ability to implement strategies that effectively facilitate change, and possess a commitment to knowledge transfer strategies to ensure practices are evidence informed. We are interested in professionals who committed to providing the best care possible for our community.
- Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Leadership, or Health related field required. Will consider applicants who have or will be enrolling in an upcoming Master’s program.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Critical Care required
- Critical Care Certificate, ACLS, CNA certification preferred
- Evidence of strong clinical knowledge and decision making
- Knowledge and experience with using and interpreting quality metrics and change management methodologies required
- Ability to provide support and leadership to advance evidence based inter-professional patient centered care
- Able to promote practice excellence both internally and externally through research, education, and quality initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills, organizational and time management skills.
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a visionary community based hospital, demonstrating commitment to strong successful relationships between its patients, their families and its health care teams. You will have the chance to join JBH as it embraces the possibilities of a new vision, a new Strategic Plan, and begins the largest capital redevelopment in its history.
Employees are expected to demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other; attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining this level of excellence.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to visit the JBH Careers Page to apply to Job Posting #0000001575.