The OR Change Nurse positon is under direction of the Director of Surgical Services. Providing direct care to patients within the Operating Room.
- Works collaboratively with Director of Surgical Services to sustain the daily operational functioning of the surgical service and makes immediate modifications to prevent impediments and delays.
- Perform both nursing and administrative duties.
- Provides direct nursing care to patients undergoing surgical procedures in accordance with established standards of nursing practice within the Operating Room.
• Assess patients physical and psycho-social needs.
• Perform scrubbing and circulating duties.
• Be part of a dedicated and ambitious team.
- Ensures that the OR functions in accordance with all regulatory agency standards, i.e.: ORANC, AORN, etc and other appropriate standards of care.
- Ability to manage and remain effective with multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong clinical skills.
- Knowledge and proficient in the operation and use of computer based information systems
- Oversees orientation of new OR nursing staff
- Ensures that appropriate levels and number of staff are available to meet daily needs and delegation of workflow.
- Flexible hours
- The successful candidate, you will have:
• Graduated from an approved school of Nursing.
• Current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
• Recent 2-year relevant clinical nursing experience in the designated clinical area.
• Completion of post graduate course work and/or certification applicable to the designated clinical area or equivalent experience.
Salary and benefits package commensurate with experience
To join our dynamic team environment and provide amazing healthcare with ASC Vancouver Surgical Centre apply today!
Please note that only short-listed candidates