Position: Manager, Perioperative Program
Department: Operating Room
Position Available: Full-time
Current Shifts: Primarily Days
Reporting to the Clinical Director Perioperative Program, the Manager Perioperative Program will be accountable for the day to day operations, including management of staff and resources, and facilitating process improvements related to patient flow in collaboration with the Director. The Manager will promote high quality, interdisciplinary work environments that result in safe, quality, patient-centered outcomes.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Certificate of registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Baccalaureate in Nursing or a health-related field
- Lean Certification, or equivalent process improvement methodology, is preferred
- Five years of nursing experience in the Operating Room, PACU or Day Surgery
- Three to five years of progressive leadership experience, ideally within a unionized health care environment
- Demonstrated success of implemented initiatives that have improved both clinical and fiscal utilization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service when interacting with patients, families, colleagues and physicians
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume with reference to Job # NU-17-016.