Alberta Health Services (AHS) is one of the leading health-care systems in Canada, responsible for the delivery of health care to more than 3.9 million Albertans. Working at AHS enables a better quality of life, not only for our staff, but for their families. We value the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and are committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. There is no shortage of reasons to join our team.
Discover unique cultures and witness the beautiful glow of the northern lights. Pleasant summer days and midnight sunsets make working in Northern Alberta a truly unforgettable experience.
Explore new opportunities for Registered Nurses and Psychiatric Nurses to work in Alberta Health Services (AHS) North Zone. The RN/RPN Locum Program provides the opportunity to work in short term placements in a variety of practice settings including acute care, emergency, intensive care, operating room, obstetrics, pediatrics, continuing care, home care, public health, and psychiatry.
This position offers additional incentives, including:
- A premium payment of $6.00 per hour for hours worked.
- Reimbursement for travel costs/per diem expenses and accommodations provided by AHS.
Successful candidates will:
- Be responsible for the assessment, implementation, and evaluation of nursing interventions for a diverse patient population.
- Be responsible for collaboration as a member of the health care team.
- Be able to balance numerous demands and conflicting priorities.
- Have a proven ability to work independently (i.e. sole charge) or within a multi-disciplinary team environment to effectively contribute to client care planning, implementation, and evaluation.
Negotiable to all sites within the AHS North Zone.
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) required.
- Graduation from a recognized nursing education program required.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support - Heart and Stroke Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP) required.
- A minimum of one year recent nursing experience required.
- 2 to 3 years of recent nursing experience preferred.
- Experience in at least one of the following departments is required: Acute Care, Emergency, Intensive Care, Operating Room, Obstetrics, Continuing Care, Home Care, Public Health and Psychiatry. Other specializations would be an asset.
- Rural experience preferred.
- A Driver's license and vehicle may be required for some assignments.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Nursing standards/protocols as required in area of nursing specialty related to the job assignment.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team environment and to effectively contribute to the client care planning processes and improvement in service delivery.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to adapt communication style to meet the needs of specific clients and to relay client information to physicians, who may be geographically removed, in a concise, and accurate manner in order to facilitate the physician's treatment decisions.
- Assessment skills to recognize and respond appropriately to client change in status.
- Critical thinking/judgement skills.
- Specialized training may be required depending on locum location.
Apply online and start your locum placement today!