Disability Determination Adjudicator
Demonstrate your health care experience, excellent decision-making and written communication skills in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of health care professionals. The Ministry of Community and Social Services is seeking motivated individuals to provide disability determination adjudication decisions in this role.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• review and assess medical applications and accompanying medical documents
• determine medical eligibility under Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) Act
• consult with health care practitioners and non-medical professionals
• assess, analyze, interpret and evaluate medical and psychiatric impairments of applicants based on submitted information
• write well-reasoned decisions clearly, completely and concisely
• provide administrative or other services as required
How do I qualify?
• For the bilingual position, advanced level verbal and written French language skills
Clinical Knowledge and Skills:
• you have significant knowledge of physical or mental impairments and their impact on activities of daily living in the areas of personal care, community or a workplace
• you have significant clinical experience in treatment settings for adults who have medical or psychiatric impairments
• you have investigative skills and the ability to keep informed of advancements in medical research and changes in treatment practices
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
• you have strong analytical, clinical judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills
• you can make independent decisions on disability determination
• you can analyze, and interpret a variety of medical documentation
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• you have excellent written communication skills to write detailed decisions
• you have strong oral communication, interpersonal, and team player skills
• you have good presentation skills to participate in file and case rounds
• you can work effectively in a team and are able to liaise with professionals
• you are proficient with computers and related software packages
Salary Range: $1,214.61 - $1,548.82 per week
- 5 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possible extension), Toronto, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
- 1 Bilingual Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possible extension), Toronto, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
- This ad is also available in French.
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, by Friday, June 23, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 108247 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.