The Continuing Care Consultant is accountable for providing timely consultation services including assessment, case management, staff education and training to the affiliated and amalgamated long term care facilities and to the community-based service providers (i.e., Home Care, personal care homes) in Health Regions throughout northern Saskatchewan for clients identified as “difficult to serve”. The incumbent also collaborates with Regional Health Authorities to plan, develop and evaluate services/programs for these clients (i.e., clients with dementia, acquired brain injury and psychiatric illness). The incumbent will coordinate all information related to behavior management issues while acting as a referral source to regions and assist regions to utilize quality indicators to improve the quality of care and quality of life for clients with behavioral problems. This is a Regional position currently based in Battleford at the Battlefords District Care Centre.
- Degree in a related health care discipline preferably at a Master’s level (i.e., nursing, social work, psychology, occupational therapy).
- Demonstrated ability to plan and present relevant educational materials.
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and work effectively in a team environment.
- Ongoing education to remain current in the area of behavior management.
- A strong theoretical grounding in the provision of a comprehensive range of services to “difficult to serve” clients in the management of challenging behavior across the spectrum of care.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and network software including work processing and electronic mail.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Consultation skills and ability to interact with internal and external clients.
- Minimum of five years of related experience in the field of geriatrics.
- Direct clinical experience and demonstrated expertise in programs for “difficult to serve” clients.
Compensation rate is compressed to a Nurse A.
Please quote posting number GO-00451991-4 when applying for the position.
Fax: (306) 446-6810
PNHR appreciates receiving all applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Should an applicant be offered a position a valid Criminal Record Check will be required prior to employment. Thank you.