Circulating Nurse (Perioperative Experience Required)
Territories: Vancouver and Victoria
LASIK MD is the national provider of laser vision correction, with 30 clinics across Canada. We have grown to be the leading laser vision correction provider in Canada, all because of people like you! For your experience and enthusiasm, we offer excellent career growth opportunities, a competitive salary, fair benefits and many other great incentives.
LASIK MD is looking for a Circulating Nurse. If you are motivated by the opportunity to change people's lives by offering an amazing service and the chance of building your career with a leading, highly engaged and dynamic company, then what are you waiting for? Join our team today!
Circulating Nurses are Registered Nurses (RNs) who assist in surgical procedures by setting up the room before the operation, working with the doctor during surgery and preparing the patient for the move to the recovery room.
Reporting to the Medical Director and working closely with the surgeons and supporting staff, the circulating nurse provides quality service and care to patients undergoing surgery. As a multidisciplinary team member, the nurse participates in and provides, through application of knowledge, in the areas of anatomy, physiology, disease, pathology, and operative techniques; exposure of the surgical site, handling of tissue, and patient management, as directed by the surgeon.
The nurse also:
- Practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Registered Nurses’ of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- Practices within a patient centered care model and the vision and values of the organization.
- Provides nursing services in an operating room environment as a member of an integrated surgical team performing varied and complex surgical interventions.
- Enhances quality of life from the perspective of the patient.
- Consults, confers, and collaborates with other members of the surgical team.
- Maintains and advances own clinical competence.
- Participates on designated teams and projects as assigned
- Contributes to maintaining a safe environment and practices, and implements policies, procedures and regulations;
- Demonstrates continuous improvement and best practice approach in nursing practice and patient care.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal;
- Strong observation skills, be able to think critically, and be able to make quick am effective decisions;
- Exceptional multi-tasking & organizational skills;
- Excellent use of judgment;
- Ability to work as a team and autonomously;
- Current Registered Nurse;
- Attended an accredited perioperative course.
- BLS Certification considered an asset
- Previous experience in cataract operating room environment is an asset.
This is permanent, part-time position. This position involves regular travel in Vancouver and Victoria areas. A competitive compensation for this position is offered. A full training is given to all new hires. Candidates must be flexible and available to work weekdays, evenings and weekends.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted regarding this position.