BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) cares for the province's most acutely ill or injured children and youth, provides developmental and rehabilitation services to children and youth throughout BC, and offers a broad range of health services. Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children (SHHC), a leading provincial facility offering specialized services to children and youth with developmental disabilities from birth to age 19, works collaboratively with BCCH. SHHC focuses on the child and their family while supporting health care professionals in their community. BCCH also operates a wide number of specialized health programs, is a leading acute care teaching facility, and conducts research to advance health and care through the BC Children's Hospital Research Institute and in partnership with the University of British Columbia.
BCCH is an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: . Respect people . Be compassionate . Dare to innovate . Cultivate partnerships . Serve with purpose.
Registered Nurse (Cardiac Catheter Lab)
Reference # 57967
Regular Full Time
Wage: $32.94 to $43.24 per hour
4480 Oak Street
In accordance with established policies, standards and philosophy at British Columbia's Children's Hospital, provides individualized and intensive care to patients undergoing cardiac interventional procedures by collaborating with other health care professionals to enhance the quality of life from the perspective of the patient/family. Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Example of Duties/Accountabilities
- Maintains patient records by performing activities such as collecting and documenting information including health care information regarding patients and their families, nursing observations, telephone communications, interventions, teaching and care evaluations to ensure that patient records are current and complete.
- Plans direct care for the pediatric patient by performing activities such as reviewing patient/family history, developing a care plan specific for the patient and family and meeting with other members of the health care team to discuss and review the care plan.
- Provides direct patient care and collaborates with other members of the health care team to evaluate family centered patient care in the particular setting.
- Teaches by providing and explaining information, demonstrating procedures and use of equipment, checking the learner's use of procedures, techniques and equipment and evaluating the effectiveness of the selected teaching methods.
- Identifies own learning needs, reviews these with the PSD or delegate and engages in a variety of activities to meet these needs.
Education, Training and Experience
- 2 years recent related Cath Lab/IR experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- CPR Training - Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) - Level I
Example of Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to related effective to children and their families.
- Ability to participate as a member of a multidisciplinary care team and function as a nursing resource.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
We invite you to apply by clicking on the "Apply Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.
For more information on all that PHSA has to offer, please visit http://jobs.phsa.ca
For more information on BC Children's Hospital please visit: www.bcchildrens.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.