|Nursing Professional Practice
|$89,757 to $107,164 annually, plus a competitive benefits program
As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
The Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) is to enhance nursing practice related to specific patient populations (ex: those with wounds, complex medical issues); to address the complex needs of Bruyère’s patient populations, and influence health policy within the organization and in the larger sector of care. The core domains of the APN’s role include:
- Clincal Practice - The APN is an expert in a specialized area of nursing practice and provides clinical consultation to assist care teams to develop and evaluate the plan of care for specific populations.
- Leadership - The APN assumes a leadership role in developing clinical guidelines and protocols related to specific populations.
- Education/Research - The APN is responsible for the generation of research findings as well the dissemination and utilization of research, and the integration of research with practice.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Master's degree in Nursing or a health related field
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) as a registered nurse
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) Level C
- Experience in area of specialty (ex: wounds, complex medical)
- Previous nursing leadership experience
- Eligible for joint appointment to an academic institution
- Fluent in English and French
- Advanced computer skills
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in Hospital Management
- Valid membership with the Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)
- Related Specialty certification (ex: CNA certification, or International Interprofessional Wound Care Course: Advanced Knowledge IIWC), preferred
- Evidence of expert level nursing practice skills: experience in advanced nursing practice
- Previous research or program evaluation
Position Key Competencies
- Clinical competence and credibility related to specialty populations (ex: complex medical, wound care) served by Bruyère Continuing Care
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and decision making skills
- Expert communicator
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Research, teaching and consulting skills
- Ability to work well under stress in a constantly changing environment
- Strong ability in coaching and mentoring
All applicants must provide a recent CV, and a cover letter that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications. Copies of their degrees and certifications, if applicable, must also be included.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.