The University of Calgary opened its first overseas branch campus with generous financial support from the State of Qatar and began delivering undergraduate nursing programs in 2007. Since then, the University of Calgary in Qatar (UCQ) has been educating the future nursing leaders in Qatar by offering Bachelor of Nursing and Master of Nursing programs accredited by the Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing (CASN).
To sustain its growth in promoting and increasing the profile of professional nursing practice in Qatar, the University of Calgary in Qatar is currently seeking Masters' Prepared Nursing Instructors who can start teaching during the Fall Term (August 2017). This is an excellent opportunity for established nursing professionals and academics who are passionate about teaching and research in an international environment. We are needing Instructors who are experienced in any of the following:
Mental Health Education – Classroom and/or clinical teaching experience at the undergraduate level, along with evidence of personal scholarship;
Community Nursing Education – Classroom and/or clinical teaching experience at the undergraduate level, along with evidence of personal scholarship
All vacancies require a baccalaureate nursing degree together with a graduate degree in either Nursing or Education, and nursing registration with a Canadian registration authority. Applicants require evidence of successful teaching ability, recent clinical practice, and confirmation of appropriate research or personal scholarship. Preference will be given to Master's prepared Educators with recent clinical experience, with at least three years teaching at the undergraduate level, as well as a record of research. Registration with a Canadian Nursing Authority is required.
The successful applicants must be able to relocate to Doha, Qatar ideally in August 2017. This is a 2 year contract renewable upon mutual agreement.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- Provide classroom instruction, lab/ seminar guidance, or assistance with clinical simulation activities to undergraduate nursing students;
- Develop and grade assignments, tests and examinations;
- Consult with the Clinical Placement Coordinator, Undergraduate Coordinator, Clinical Simulation Coordinator and/or Associate Dean regarding student and/or course related issues;
- Provide clinical and/or lab teaching in a variety of practice settings;
- Take responsibility for personal orientation to clinical agency/practice settings;
- Participate in standing Faculty of Nursing committees and other committees as needed;
- Participate in nursing and/or nursing education related community service; and,
- Support the creation of a scholarly environment through professional development, professional practice, and/or participation in research
All successful candidates will receive attractive compensation, including:
- competitive salary + overseas living allowance
- generous vacation days entitlement
- annual airline trips on contracts of two years or more
- transportation and communication allowances
- fully furnished accommodations with paid utilities (except internet, phone, and TV)
- school fees for children up to 18 years of age, for up to 3 children
- expatriate healthcare plan
In addition to the above, University of Calgary in Qatar employees enjoy a positive, family centered work environment in a country with one of the world's strongest economies. The State of Qatar provides a safe living environment and its location presents countless opportunities to travel and explore. This is truly an opportunity not to be missed - an adventure of a lifetime.
All employment applications must be submitted online through our career page, preferably no later than April 28, 2017. Also, due to anticipated high volume:
Applications submitted through the general inquiries e-mail address will likely not be considered; and,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Successful candidates will be required to provide copies of their passports (valid 6 months prior to travel), police clearance, academic/professional credentials, and marriage and birth certificates (for those travelling with a family). Appointment is contingent on the successful completion of the State of Qatar visa process.
Please visit our website to know more about the University of Calgary in Qatar: http://www.qatar.ucalgary.ca