BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) cares for the province's most acutely ill or injured children and youth, provides developmental and rehabilitation services to children and youth throughout BC, and offers a broad range of health services. Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children (SHHC), a leading provincial facility offering specialized services to children and youth with developmental disabilities from birth to age 19, works collaboratively with BCCH. SHHC focuses on the child and their family while supporting health care professionals in their community. BCCH also operates a wide number of specialized health programs, is a leading acute care teaching facility, and conducts research to advance health and care through the BC Children's Research Institute and in partnership with the University of British Columbia
BCCH and SHHC are agencies of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people . Be compassionate . Dare to innovate . Cultivate partnerships . Serve with purpose
Accepting Applications for Upcoming Opportunities!
Registered Nurse - Surgery / Neurosciences
Temporary Full-Time Opportunities
Wage: $32.33 to $42.45 per hour
BC Children's Hospital,
4480 Oak Street,
The Registered Nurse, Surgery / Neurosciences provides and coordinates nursing care services such as patient assessment, patient and family teaching, and health promotion activities for patients and their families, consistent with established policies, standards, and philosophy of BC Children's Hospital (BCCH), BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre (BCW), and Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children (SHHC).
Education, Training and Experience
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- One year recent related experience in the designated clinical area and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The Employer will equally consider an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (with the exception of Public Health and Preventative Nurses)
Key Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to relate effectively to children and their families and others.
- Ability to function as an active member of multidisciplinary care team.
- Ability to demonstrate effective CPR techniques.
- Ability to organize work
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Ability to operate related equipment including applicable computer software.
We invite you to apply by visiting our website and clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
External applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: www.phsa.ca/careers
For more information on the agency that you are interested in, please visit: www.bcchildrens.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.