Reporting to the Site Administrator and in accordance with the values of Covenant Health, the Program Manager is responsible and accountable for operational management of multiple units including the delivery and evaluation of Long Term Care, Complex LTC, and Community Support beds, Palliative Care, Post-Acute Rehabilitation, Supportive Living and Supportive Living Dementia. The Program Manager is part of the facility’s Leadership Team and is responsible for budget planning; appropriate resource allocation; implementing and maintaining standards of practice; hiring, supervising and evaluating professionals and meeting all accountabilities. As a change agent, the Program Manager, in collaboration with the Site Administrator, is responsible for program development resulting in positive outcomes, patient/family satisfaction and quality of care
- Graduate of a Bachelor of Nursing Degree with a minimum of 5 years clinical and management experience preferred.
- Masters Degree an Asset.
- Active registration with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) required.
- A strong clinical background in some or a combination of the following: Long Term Care, Palliative care, Supportive Living and Rehabilitation.
- Proven leadership, communication, team building, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Self-directed, highly motivated with exceptional interpersonal relationship skills.
- Analytical, organizational, planning, teaching, decision making and financial management skills.
- Experience with clinical supervision preferred.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and continuing education essential.
- Ability to manage human, financial and physical resources within a unionized environment.
- Demonstrates conflict resolution and change management skills.
- Computer literacy that includes applications within Microsoft Office is essential.
- Driver’s license and ability to travel