A little over five years ago we started Centric Health with the belief that we could positively change the way healthcare is delivered to Canadians, and today we are Canada’s largest integrated healthcare provider and growing.
At Centric Health we strive to offer the most innovative health and wellness solutions. Our unique brand of care includes: surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. We have over 800 dedicated healthcare professionals, consultants, and support staff who provide services nationally and operate six full accredited surgical centers. We service over 25,000 patients in care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario.
Are you a go getter looking to make a change? Are you looking to achieve excellence, roll up your sleeves and are a great problem solver? Do you want to work with a supportive Nurse Manager at a great location that is on the verge of going to the next level? Then this is the place for you!
This is an exciting opportunity based at the Maples Surgical Centre located in Winnipeg for a casual Nurse working with pediatrics or adult patient populations with the following specialties
-Operating Room Peds or Adults
-Recovery (PARR/PACU)Peds or Adults
These active, hands-on OR or PARR RN role will work closely with and under supervision of the Nurse Manager and the OR Team Lead to support the needs of the facility. The RN is responsible and accountable for providing direct patient care using the nursing process through the assessment, planning, implementation and on-going evaluation of patient needs. Overview of Nature and Scope of work:
- Hands-on OR or PARR activities and nursing tasks; providing appropriate assessment and care pre-op, intra-op and post-operation recovery
- Clinically knowledgeable and competent
- Possess the skills, knowledge and experience to assess, treat and teach patients undergoing a variety and combination of operative procedures.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement activities to support the facility and national ORNAC Standards
- Acts in accordance with CRNM standards and scope of practice and in accordance with facility policy and procedures.
- Utilizes appropriate communication channels to disseminate information
- Demonstrates a professional and caring, teamwork approach in dealing with clients, co-workers and supervisors.
- Registered in good standing with or be eligible for registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of MB (CRNM)
- Minimum of 2 years current OR or Recovery pediatric nursing experience required; 5 years preferred.
- Completion of an approved postgraduate OR nursing certification program, or equivalent combination of training and experience an asset
- Graduate of a recognized Nursing Program
- ENT, Ortho, Dental. General Surgery and Plastics experience an asset
- Current CPR ‘B’
- Current PALS or ACLS an asset
- Crossed trained, education or experience in Post Anesthetic Recovery Room (PARR) an asset
Centre Name: Maples Surgical Centre
Status: Casual(we will work around your schedule)
Shift: Days, Evenings, Weekends (Rotational)
Days: Available between Monday to Saturday
Location: Maples Surgical Centre 7-1291 Jefferson Ave. Winnipeg, MB R2P 1S7
Salary: Competitive compensation package!
We thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.