Reporting to the Director of Health & Wellness, the Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is responsible for providing planned, patient-oriented, goal-directed nursing care in accordance with the provincial standards of care.
- To work as a member of the inter-professional team as described by Revera's Professional Practice Model applying the person centered approach to care;
- To complete and ensure resident's clinical care assessments, care/service plans and documentation are accurate, up to date and changes communicated as required;
- To implement and evaluate the effectiveness of the care/service plans and make changes as required;
- To assist with scheduling of resident's care conferences and participate in conferences where applicable;
- To work closely with the Director of Health & Wellness to facilitate resident's move in, move out and transfers;
- To provide direct resident care and medication/ treatment administration and document care in compliance with regulatory and Revera Resident Care standards and policies and procedures;
- To process the orders and safe keep drugs and narcotics and administer in compliance with all regulatory requirements, scope of practice and Revera policies and procedures;
- To facilitate and provide resident/family education;
- To plan, coordinate, manage & evaluate the resident's care plan working with the resident/substitute decision maker, physicians, nursing & interdisciplinary team and contracted service providers;
- To coordinate nursing team's resident care assignments to ensure efficient and timely delivery of services to residents;
- To respond to and manage significant changes in resident's condition and or medical emergencies; provide emergency first aid;
- To teach, delegate to, and direct unregulated care providers;
- To coordinate emergency response in the absence of Director of Health & Wellness/ Executive Director;
- To respond to resident/family concerns and ensure appropriate action taken and or concern communicated to Director of Health & Wellness/ Executive Director and other departments;
- To follow and assist the Director of Health & Wellness in the coordination, implementation and monitoring of Infection Prevention and Control , Health and Safety and Clinical Programs and Quality/Safety Plans for the Nursing Department;
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete all other duties as assigned.
- Current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse in applicable Province/State;
- Experience working in a senior's environment and with unregulated care providers preferred;
- Education and experience in gerontology, rehabilitation, community/complex/long term care an asset;
- Must possess strong written and oral communication, critical thinking, care coordination, time management and customer focus skills;
- Must have demonstrated sound clinical knowledge;
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification required;
- Computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft office applications.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).