Reporting to the Director of Perioperative and Ambulatory Services the Manager, Perioperative Services is responsible for the management, leadership and coordination of services for the areas within this portfolio. This includes responsibility for the management of staff and resources and the provision of leadership and consultative advice in clinical care, operational and administrative activities of the service(s); ensuring that services are delivered and implemented in an effective and efficient manner and meeting established strategic directions and organizational initiatives and objectives in a manner aligned with the organization’s culture, values and strategic direction.
Baccalaureate Degree in a health related field plus seven (7) to ten (10) years recent related experience plus post basic education in management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of a multidisciplinary team approach involved in the coordination of care in a complex environment and system of care services.
- Strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to motivate and delegate.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to promote team building while understanding that decisive action is required.
- Ability to find creative solutions to problems and to develop alternative strategies to support quality improvement initiatives.
- Positive problem solving skills in a dynamic unionized work environment.
- Computer proficiency.
Click HERE and apply today!